Kitchen Porter at Staplewood Training Ground
£19,800 per annum
At Gather & Gather, we are known as one of the UK & Irelands most distinctive workplace catering experts, we are passionate about great food and great coffee and putting our employees and customers at the heart of everything that we do. We are currently recruiting for a Kitchen Porter at Staplewood Training Ground at Southampton Football Club Training Ground.
Location: Staplewood Football Development & Support Centre, Marchwood, Southampton SO40 4WR
Rate of pay: Competitive Salary
Working pattern: 4 out of 7 days.
MUST BE ABLE TO DRIVE
The ideal candidate will be hands on, organised, and have good written and verbal skills. Our mission is to offer our clients exceptional standards, the kitchen porter role is an important part of this helping support the chefs by taking in deliveries and correctly storing them, washing up and cleaning the kitchen areas as well as supporting with basic food preparation.
You will be:
• Taking in deliveries and correctly store them ensuring stock rotation is undertaken and filling out daily delivery logs
• Ensure all chemicals are correctly filled and stored following company policy and risk assessments
• Able to support the Performance Chef and Sous Chef in completing monthly food stock takes and report on deficiencies or surpluses
• Able to cope well under pressure, an excellent team player, a passion for delivering high class service, good organisation skills and the ability to multitask is essential
• You will be required to work under your own initiative and as part of a team
• Ensure good staff, customer, and client relations at all times
• Ensure weekly cleaning schedule is completed and report and issues
• Deep cleaning kitchen floors and wash up areas at the end of every workday
What's in it for you?
Working with Gather & Gather has its perks! People are at the heart of everything we do, so we've developed a range of benefits and development opportunities to keep you content.
- Great operational training and development
- Personal Development and Training opportunities – We are passionate about our team growing with us.
- Life assurance scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eye care
- A great wellbeing strategy – including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, salary finance
- Recognition schemes and people awards
- Long service awards
- Access to some great high street discount vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme